Friday, November 20, 2015

Mysteriously unknown words from the Word Spy

Dear Spies and Snoops,

We all love finding out where words come from  - well I know I do!  

But in fact, there are some words that NOBODY knows where they come from... How very STRANGE.

Some of them are very common words too - have a look at this fascinating link.


http://mentalfloss.com/article/71161/15-basic-words-are-etymological-mysteries

Dog, bad, big, girl, boy, donkey, bird, surf, fuss, blight, log, tantrum, toad, curse, kick - nobody knows where these words came from!

Hmm - I know. Why don't you spies and snoops out there write me a story using all these mysterious ones - in one VERY mysterious adventure?

I can't wait to read what you come up with...

yours, unknown, The Word Spy (aka the Word Snoop)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your question for the Word Spy ...